A delicious and healthy lamb supper with lemon and garlic! This Broiled Lemon Garlic Lamb is full of flavor and perfect a quick supper.
- I lb (16 oz) raw boneless lamb chop loin* (should yield two 5-oz cooked servings)
- 6 cups (1 large bunch) fresh spinach
- 2 cups (3 medium) portabella mushroom caps
- 1 cup (8 medium) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 sprays non-stick cooking spray
This recipe can also be made with chicken breast; start with 1 lb (16 oz) raw, boneless, skinless chicken breast to yield two 6-oz cooked servings of a "Leaner" protein serving.
Lamb: Preheat broiler. Trim all visible fat from lamb. Spray rack in broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray for 3 seconds. In a small bowl, combine garlic, dried rosemary, and black pepper. Place lamb on prepared rack and cover with half of garlic mixture. Broil 4 minutes, 4" from heat; turn lamb over. Cover lamb with remaining garlic mixture. Broil 2-4 minutes or until cooked through.
Vegetables: Spray medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray for 2 seconds and hear over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté. Once mushrooms are near desired tenderness, add spinach and tomatoes and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes. Serve lamb over vegetables.
Recipe & Image provided by Medifast.